Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Bigger Picture

Yesterday I got the email I was hoping for from the agent I queried - they requested sample pages of my manuscript - Yay! I wanted to show how ready I was, so I quickly sent what they'd requested.
I went back later in the day to re-read what I'd sent, and - Oops! - I found three things I really wished I'd have changed prior to sending it off. I spent the rest of the day kicking myself for being so sloppy.
This morning, however, I was briefly visited by someone on their way to the children's hospital for a major surgery being done on her toddler. Not cool.
It kind of puts things into perspective in a big way. Did I mess up in the manuscript I let go out? Yep. Is it the end of the world? Heavens to Mergatroid No!
I wasted too much time fretting over my error yesterday. Today I promised myself to brush it off and keep it movin'.
After all, I have much to be grateful for and a million reasons to be happy and hopeful. Here's to a very promising start...

No comments:

Post a Comment