Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Day of Distractions

I had today all mapped out. I was determined to write two chapters of the new novel and still have time left over to spend with the hubby and kids.
Unfortunately, that's not what happened. Between the unplanned visit from family, the foot injury hubby suffered, and the time wasted on Facebook, I didn't even write two words, much less two chapters. Oh, and I shouldn't neglect to mention, the baby found a bottle of red food coloring, God-knows-where. Suffice it to say the living room looked like a crime scene after his paint job.
Okay, so I didn't get much accomplished as far as the novel goes, but all was not lost. I got more time with the kids (even if much of that time was spent scrubbing tiny red hands), and I have more ammo stashed away in my arsenal of material for future stories.
And the icing on the cake was, well, cake. Yeah, I may have baked a cake today. All in all, I'd have to say today was a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment