Monday, April 5, 2010

The fear of "No."

So now that my novel is 99% finished, it's about that time. The agent search. After several weeks of research, I have the gal in mind who I think would be perfect for me.
She's funny, she seems to genuinely care for writers, and perhaps most awesome is that she's a fellow Midwesterner.
She'll actually be in Chesterfield next week, but sadly, I cannot attend the conference. Curse you, empty bank account!
So I get one shot, via an emailed query, to make Cora interesting enough for her to request a few pages of the book. If she passes on it, I will (with a heavy heart) send simultaneous submissions to the next few people on my list.
I know the gist of what I want to say, but I haven't yet typed a single word of my query to K.
Fear of rejection is a powerful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment