Saturday, April 24, 2010

Healthy Helena

This morning when I offered my 3 year-old a chocolate chip muffin, she politely declined. She said, "No, thank you. How about something even more delicious, like bell peppers!"
Hmm. When given the choice of a chocolate chip muffin or a bell pepper, I don't think I would make the same smart decision.
Reality check! I think it's quite a humbling (and embarrassing) thing, getting shown the error of my ways by a toddler.
So I had to do without my own muffin, and, following her lead, I ate Egg Beaters and a side of red peppers for breakfast today. Hey, I could stand to lose a few anyway.
I guess I'll watch her for even more cues on taking better care of myself. Who knows? Maybe tomorrow she'll be leading a spin class or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment