Monday, January 7, 2013

Eww, winter!

The Christmas decorations are down, New Year's Day is history, and I have no more work holidays to look forward to for months. Ugh, the bleak remainder of winter is here, loveys.

*ponders *

What to do? What to do?

In years past, I'd simply trudge through the crappy, below-freezing months, with nothing to look forward to except the fat-hiding layers of clothes, dry-humping cuddling for warmth, and being able to grow my body hair out like this:

Winter layers


  
But not this year, besties. No. This year I'm gonna use winter to my advantage. It's like the old saying goes: When life gives you snow, make snowball daiquiris!

Cheers to winter!

  
I love you guys, so I'm gonna share a treasured heirloom recipe, handed down by generations.

Snowball strawberry daiquiri recipe I just made up:
  • 2 cups of snow (It has to be clean snow though. At least until you get too drunk to notice.)
  • double-shot of rum (more or less, depending on your own tastes and level of alcoholism)
  • 1 cup of frozen strawberries, thawed and smooshed well with 1/4 cup of sugar
  • Mix it, stir it, or blend it all together, and Voila!
(No, wait. First, call me to come over, so you don't look pathetic drinking all alone.)
And then Voila!

You did it!

You have taken winter, grabbed it by the snowballs, and shown him who's boss. I'll drink to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment