Friday, January 4, 2013

FRIDAY FAVES

Ah, a shiny New Year. Welcome, welcome, 2013! Please take your coat off and do come in; You'll be here awhile.

You know what I love most about a new year, my loveys?
Promise.


Hopeful.

I'm a sucker for optimism, and I also don't mind the clean-slate I feel we're given every January 1st. Thanks, Universe!

I also have a few choice reasons to welcome 2013 with open arms.

Let's start with Melissa McCarthy. I couldn't love her more if I'd birthed her myself. She's my reigning girl crush, and I will be there on opening day, candy hidden in my purse, to see this:


February 8, 2013. Any volunteers to be my date?

I am also very-much looking forward to summer. (Anyone else hearing Phoebe from "Friends" asking in her British accent, "So, where do you all summah?" No? Just me?) Not that I have a super-active summer planned out or anything. It's just that it's currently 19 degrees here. I had to dunk my hands in my coffee this morning, in order to thaw my fingers out enough to type. Need I say more?

One book release that I'm crazy-excited for this year:
The Shining Girls
June 4, 2013
In Depression-era Chicago, Harper Curtis finds a key to a house that opens on to other times. But it comes at a cost. He has to kill the shining girls: bright young women, burning with potential. He stalks them through their lives across different eras until, in 1989, one of his victims, Kirby Mazrachi, survives and starts hunting him back. 


Finally, I cannot wait for this year's wedding of one of my nearest and dearest besties. Not only in the hopes of seeing her in a dress for the 1st time in the history of our 12 year friendship, but also due to the fact that it's taking place in Hawaii. Aloha, loveys!!


70381d1314086814-hawaii-hawaii-pictures.jpg
You are here, said the map of Hawaii to Helena.

I am always renewed in spirit and faith with the dawning of a new year, so I have hundreds of things to look forward to, in addition to the above, and so do you all.

Ah, promise. My kinda happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment